There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Hot as Puck by Lili Valente

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



Hot as PuckHot as Puck by Lili Valente
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hot as Puck by Lili Valente

I loved the sound of this book: friends to lovers, sports romance, heavy on the RomCom is my ideal cup of tea. I think that while this is certainly best friends to lovers, the comedy -although still present- waned somewhat after the first few chapters, and I personally would have liked a little more of the sports aspect. Nonetheless, it was still a really enjoyable read.

Libby approaches Justin on his birthday and tells him she needs lessons on men, flirting, sex and so on. There's definitely no hidden agenda here; she's fully aware of her feelings, that they don't go beyond best-friendship, and truly doesn't want anything more than advice and guidance. While Justin is understandably hesitant to begin with, he quickly warms up to the idea and they come up with a mutually beneficial arrangement. But, as you can undoubtedly guess, the heart can't help but get involved no matter what intentions Justin and Libby have!

I quite liked the characters! They were fun and relatable. I love how Justin appreciated Libby's worth even before she 'blossomed' and his treatment of her was spot-on. Justin isn't just pretty on the outside, he's got depth to him and his crocheting technique is way up there! Libby is very sweet; she's a kindergarten teacher and isn't really that wise to the ways of men, hence the lessons. All in all, a very enjoyable book. I'm already looking forward to the next one and I'm confident this series will be another hit for Valente.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3CQZ0AE24B87S/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment