Monday 17 April 2017

The Player by K. Bromberg

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



The Player (The Player, #1)The Player by K. Bromberg
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

This first book in a sports romance duet centred on the world of baseball and physical therapy, a perfect romance combination. Easton was not at all the kind of character I imagined from the book title and I found him to be something of a likeable gentleman once I was past his first terrible impression. Scout, his physical therapist was a competent woman in a man's world. This is a familiar trope in some ways, but it worked. I enjoyed the fact that these two were both blessed and fighting their legacies. The chemistry and heat was fun to read.

As always, K Bromberg writes with ease and flow, so I can't say exactly what it was that didn't blow me away with this book. There was definitely a sense of familiarity with the story but then I do favour sports romance and baseball has been a more popularly featured sport in the last year or so. I believed the connection between Scout and Easton but I didn't become fully invested in their journey. The family aspects to THE PLAYER were strong and brought some added emotion to the read.

This book will leave you needing more and I am invested in finding out what happens to these two and their supporting characters, so roll on July.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...