Monday 24 April 2017

Walk Of Shame by Lauren Layne

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


Walk of Shame (Love Unexpectedly)Walk of Shame by Lauren Layne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was such a fun, feel-good read. It locked me in and kept me addicted to the two main characters. WALK OF SHAME had an office-feel, even though it wasn't really set in an office, mainly due to one of the MCs Andrew. Uptight, proper and lacking in understanding of the word fun is what describes Andrew, but he's a top divorce attorney and work is his life. Living across from Georgie seems to be one of the biggest challenges of his day. I started off thinking Georgie was vapid and annoying but she was actually very sweet, innocuous and kind, if a little lacking in life goals. These two are not a match but they sure had something. A delicious frenemies ensues.

"If you're wondering what Andrew Mulroney looks like while he's in workout mode, picture this: Thor and Captain America somehow defeat biology and have a love child together. And call him Andrew."

There's nothing simple about bringing the differences of Andrew and Georgie together but it made hilarious reading, with a slice of adorable. I really did love these two together, their bantering conversation was great to read. This wasn't a deep book, with depth of emotion and connection but it was such vicarious fun to ride the train with them.

This was my first book by Lauren Layne and I now want to read everything by her. If she can create Andrew, I have high hopes for who else I'll find in her back catalogue.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1V3CWCWFCPG4J/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...