Monday 17 April 2017

Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Mister MoneybagsMister Moneybags by Vi Keeland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward
3.5*

Let me start by saying that I've loved pretty much every book these two authors have written, both individually and together. Their writing style usually flows so well that you don't even realize a book has been written by two authors. This was not the case for me when reading Mister Moneybags.

The book starts off when Bianca and Dexter meet in an elevator which has the terrible sense to break down with just the two of them in it. Bianca is on her way to interview Dex and while there's clearly an attraction between them, Dex can't exactly capitalize on it once he learns that Bianca has already made up her mind about him before even meeting. So what's a man to do but create s fake name and job for himself and try to win the girl over?

I really enjoyed the start of the book, say the first third, then it sort of went downhill from there. I particularly enjoyed the lengths Dex went to with his two identities and his inner musings made for some good entertainment. However, I felt that there was a lot of contrived drama that just didn't fit well and some, no most, of that had me cringing throughout the latter two thirds. If this was my first book by either of these authors, I might consider giving them a miss in the future, but considering it's the first of theirs that's a 'miss' for me, I'm looking forward to their next and hoping it'll be one of their usual outstanding reads.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2HYJEBQK86NHV/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...