Saturday 22 April 2017

The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan

I finished this book last night and have been letting it marinate since. The Game On series is a top favorite of mine and The Hot Shot was a perfect addition.

Chess is a photographer who has the horrible task of taking nude photos of the New Orleans football team for a charity calendar. Yes, I know! Poor bloody Chess! No seriously. When the boys turn up for their shoot, sparks fly between Chess and the delectable quarterback, Finn and not necessarily the good kind. There's clearly an attraction there, past the mutual antagonizing; but after a few chance meetings, they decide to be friends. Neither one of them is looking for wanting or indeed think they're capable of love. Chess is anti hookup while Finn is anti relationship and never the twain shall meet. Until they do.

Circumstances push Chess beyond her comfort zone and force her to move in with Finn where their friendship continues to flourish and grow. I actually think this was the most appealing factor for me: the organic way in which their friendship developed was true in every sense. They had a mutual love and respect for each other before taking things to another level and for me it was perfection. Chess isn't a wimpy heroine: she's strong, she knows her mind, she is awesome. She also has a vulnerability to her that was nice to see. Finn had big shoes to fill (specifically, Dex's) and I have to say he filled them brilliantly. He's relentless in his pursuit of Chess especially when he realizes his depth of feelings, but is man enough to go at her pace. He was a real sweetheart though I enjoyed his grumpy side a bit more. My heart ached for him on more than one occasion and I could totally see why Chess eventually fell for him.

I really loved the characters and the slow-burn nature of their relationship. I worried that The Hot Shot wouldn't come close to the standard set by The Game Plan and I was thrilled that it did. There was so much emotion and heat in this book and so much heart that I felt completely consumed by Finn and Chess and their perfectly imperfect love story.

This is book four in the Game On series and while it can be read as a standalone, I've enjoyed every single book and recommend the series as a whole.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RG2VXOELB3KMD/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

READ IT, LOVE IT NOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...