Tuesday 12 January 2016

Kulti by Mariana Zapata

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar


KultiKulti by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kulti by Mariana Zapata

I'm quite partial sports romance stories and Kulti also incorporates older man/younger woman, as well as coach and player. Tick, tick, and tick again.

Sal is faced with her teen-crush coming to coach her women's football (or soccer) team. Unfortunately, her idol has a personality which leaves much to be desired. But Sal is certainly not one to take it lying down and I absolutely loved her fiery side. Kulti himself is an interesting character! I want to dislike him, because he was a bit of an ass, yet I really can't help but genuinely like him; he's fierce, he's honest, he's incredibly generous, and he just doesn't give a damn.

This was a great read by a new-to-me author. I enjoyed the banter between the characters and found myself smiling throughout while I also appreciated the serious undertones. There were two things I had issues with and they are that given the nature of Kulti's past with Sal's brother, I feel that something should have rounded that off and I also got a little annoyed with constantly referring to Kulti as 'The German'. That got tedious pretty quickly. Otherwise this was pretty good and I'd recommend it to those who love sports romance and don't mind a slow build to sexy action.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...