Monday 11 January 2016

Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros

REVIEWED BY Becky Cox


Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How have I never read a Rebecca Yarros book before? I don't know, but I have been missing out.

Full Measure is December (Ember) Howard's story of surviving the loss of her military father and finding life beyond. Josh Walker, Ember's high school crush, hockey star and gorgeous womanizer is there to help her by being her "whatever." Josh has a secret that may tear them apart.

I picked this book because I book friend posted that she was crying in the first chapter. I am a sucker for a heartbreak so of course I had to one-click it. Yep, Rebecca got me in the first chapter.

I am a military brat so I could relate to Ember and her reaction to the death of her father and her future plans. How needing order in your life is in direct relation to having no control over your life as a child of a military parent. Or maybe I am just weird. Possible.

Full Measure is well written and grabs you from page one. I cried, laughed and cheered. I loved Ember's relationship with her little brother Gus. Gus was written true to his age and you can't help but love him.

Josh has his secrets that he hides for the sake of his relationship with Ember. Josh is sweet at all the right times and a bad ass when needed.

Great book and I look forward to reading more in this series.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/



View all my reviews

Amazon US



Amazon UK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...