Tuesday 12 January 2016

Big Rock by Lauren Blakely


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Big RockBig Rock by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Big Rock by Lauren Blakely.

5 Green Gummy Bear Stars

There is absolutely NOT ONE SINGLE THING that I didn't love about this book. Blakely had me laughing from the first page to the last-in fact, I can't remember the last time I had a permanent smile on my face from the start till the end of a book.

Spencer and Charlotte are both insanely likable characters and both are so easy to relate to. They're best friends - and have only ever been best friends - who own a business together until Spencer needs Charlotte to play a role in order to help his family business. Watching (or in this case, reading) the developments was just perfection: the book has funny moments, sexy moments, and sweet, touching moments. It's my new favorite from Blakely and one of my favorite reads of 2015.

The entire story is told from Spencer's POV and he is hilarious. Seriously. I have to say that one thing I particularly enjoyed was Spencer's relationship with his family. For some reason, you don't often see a close-knit family dynamic particularly pertaining to male main characters so this was really great to see. I also really enjoyed the secondary characters; I can't wait for Nick's story and I'm hoping that Harper gets one too!

I haven't been able to find a friends-to-lovers story that truly enthralled me for a very long time but Blakely has ended that hiatus for me, and brilliantly.

This is a standalone novel that I cannot recommend enough for those who love romcoms and/or friends-to-lovers romance.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda from Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...