Monday 11 January 2016

Built by Jay Crownover

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Built (Saints of Denver, #1)Built by Jay Crownover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This was the kind of book that built and built (excuse the pun), but it really did. The crescendo was fulfilling, wonderful and left me wanting more from this series. You really can't ask for more from a first book of a new series. It was comforting to start this series with a sense of familiarity with Sayer and Zeb, however small that was.

Sayer was the kind of cold, protecting-herself heroine that you can only feel so invested in, but she slowly let her barriers down and I warmed to her throughout the process. Zeb was so likeable from the beginning, a man of honesty and integrity who works hard for his living. The direction the story-line took was completely unexpected to me and I loved it. This was a story of richness and depth. Sayer and Zeb together were quite an explosion; the description was well written. Zeb had all the maturity that Sayer didn't. I just wanted her to grow up and realise what she had in Zeb but then Zeb had had some tough life lessons and thank goodness for his patience.

"In that split second that I laid eyes on her, I wanted to be the reason she stayed."

I consistently enjoy Jay Crownover's writing, characters and ability to tell a great tale. I appreciate knowing that I am going to feel satisfied at the end of the book and Built was no exception.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...