Thursday 28 January 2016

Smart Girl by Rachel Hollis

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Smart Girl (The Girls, #3)Smart Girl by Rachel Hollis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

This was a cute, funny read. It is my first venture into Rachel Hollis' writing and there are lots of things I enjoyed about it. This is book three in the series but considering I haven't read the others, this stands alone well. I can gather from Smart Girl who the other books were about but I didn't feel left behind by missing information.

Miko, the lead female character is a lovely mixture of quirky, warm, kind and a little off the wall. She's a talented designer for event planning and busy furthering her business. She's had a full-on desperate crush on Liam for about a year, this crush is something any woman can identify with, but it felt a little teenage in some aspects. Liam is described so that I did feel the pull of his attractiveness and understood Miko being besotted, but actually the more I got to know him, the less I liked him. As the story progressed, there were elements of Liam that totally frustrated me, neither could I respect Miko for her persistent tolerance of some of these issues.

The writing was fun, witty and stronger in the first 60% than later on. The book and writing is perfect for when you are in the mood for a light, easy read. I enjoyed this read and I'll definitely be looking out for more from Rachel Hollis.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...