Tuesday 29 May 2018

Making Up by Lucy Parker



REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 


Making Up (London Celebrities, #3)Making Up by Lucy Parker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Making Up by Lucy Parker
3.5/5*

I went in fully prepared to love this as I loved the previous books in Parker’s London Celebrities series but as much as I enjoyed Making Up, I don’t know if I can say that I loved it.

The blurb had me at enemies-to-lovers and Making Up delivered on that. Leo and Trix have been in hate with each other for years due to a huge misunderstanding. Given their friendship groups and the industry in which they work, they get thrown together here and there and never fail to deliver some well-placed barbs. Trix is an aerialist who has lost her confidence along the way and Leo is a makeup artist specializing is SFX (this fascinates me btw) who had an incident which has left him undesirable as an artist in the eyes of the industry.

One thing I freaking loved about this book was that once the misunderstanding between Trix and Leo was discussed and sorted out, it was done. No dragging it out, no sniping about it down the track. Love that. I actually really enjoyed their relationship and how they moved on from their past - both their past with each other and the difficulties they faced individually. I didn’t care for Leo’s sister, Cat and while I understand she has issues of her own, her attitude and demeanor took away from the pleasure of Leo and Trix.

I’m not sure if there’ll be another story to this series but I certainly hope there will be. As much as she annoyed me, I’d like Cat to find her HEA with someone who’ll put up with her!

*arc received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/RJVXI79BCLWFK/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R16E57XJKPME0O/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...