Tuesday 29 May 2018

Making Up by Lucy Parker

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard


Making Up (London Celebrities, #3)Making Up by Lucy Parker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m feeling the warm and fuzzies right now because this read was such a delight in terms of characterisation and dialogue. Lucy Parker has delivered on her reputation of the previous two books, maintaining quality of plot, writing and excelling at dialogue. I added a new virtual shelf thanks to this book ‘dialogue dream’.

Trix the pink-haired, petite acrobat is a prickly chip-on-the-shoulder character at first glance. I wondered if that was how it was going to play out throughout but actually you just need to scratch under the surface with Trix. I loved how getting to know her, revealed a deeper person, complex but more open. Her inner monologue was hilarious.

“We do not squee over anything to do with this man, ovaries. Rein in the hormones immediately.”

The hate is strong when Leo, her nemesis of ten years appears but how I revelled in their exchanges. Such fun, such sniggering whilst reading and I felt utterly entertained.

“Their usual style was to cross paths, cross swords, and then cross their fingers that it was a long time before they saw each other again. Spending time under the same roof never did much for their respective blood pressure.”

These two had blistering chemistry and I liked everything about their togetherness. I also really appreciated how the plot progressed without unnecessary drama, that said it’s still quite an eventful story.

I did feel a sense of slowness midway-ish for some reason, this could have been my mood or not but that explains my rating. However, when these two were on, they dragged me seamlessly sentence to sentence with no sense of passing time.

I was super excited when this third book in the London Celebrities series emerged as coming and I feel excited now after reading it. I want all my friends that are fellow Lucy Parker fans to read it.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...