Tuesday 29 May 2018

Melt For You by J.T. Geissinger


REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 


Melt for You (Slow Burn, #2)Melt for You by J.T. Geissinger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It’s been ages since a contemporary romance has completely swept me up and along page to page like MELT FOR YOU did. I wanted to exist in this book, particularly the first 50% of it. I literally laughed our loud for significant portions of my reading time, highlighting the banter like a ninja; I literally have too many amazing quotes to choose from.

His voice is warm with teasing laughter, and he’s lucky he’s not standing in front of me, because I’ve got a brand-new pair of scissors in my top drawer that would look lovely protruding from his eye socket.

“It’s too bad you got stuck in puberty, McGregor-you might have made a productive member of society one day.”


The heroine, Joellen is a shy but competent woman in her late 30s, she lets everyone in her office walk over her. The unrequited longing she has for the CEO in her company, Michael was exciting in the beginning and toe-curlingly not later on. Cam, her noisy neighbour-rugby star visitor became her trainer and transformer and everything between these two was laden with buckets of tension, the good kind. The dialogue was fantastic and it was the key reason for my enjoyment of the book as a whole.

The slow burn style of writing totally floats my boat and JTG knocked this one out of the park in terms of the wait and the reward. I felt like the book had two phases, the first half where it was quippy, sexy and fun dialogue and then the second half where things got real and Cam showed a whole different side to himself. Cam seemed initially superficial but was well read, deep and sculpted (sorry, but he was!). Did I also mention that’s he's Scottish?

“Eyes up top, darlin’.”

“Starin’ at my baby maker again, lass,” says the Mountain with a low chuckle. “It’s becomin’ a bad habit of yours, innit?”


So far, this series that’s started off super-strong is getting even better, so you know what you need to do...

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...