Wednesday 9 May 2018

Hooked On You by Kate Meader

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #3)Hooked On You by Kate Meader
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Chicago Rebels series has been solid from start to finish, with a sustained quality of story telling so that it makes me rather sad that this has now come to the end. I have anticipated the couple in this series right from book one, as I am sure many others have done. Bren, the big, gorgeous grumpy lump of Scot was more than promised and Violet his opposite in so many ways.

HOOKED ON YOU has a continued family focus in terms of the sisterhood inheriting this team but also in terms of Bren's kids, Franky and Catriona. I have to say these two girls made this book a little extra-special. This element brought a depth of understanding of Bren as a character, and I liked everything I saw in terms of who Bren had now come to be.

"She looked more closely-not a chore in the slightest. She supposed he did look a little familiar, kind of like if Jason Momoa and Gerard Butler had gotten down and dirty and sweated out a big-shouldered beast-child."

I had assumed Violet to be the least connected of the sisters but this book brings you closer to who Violet really is. She had a vulnerability that was nice to see and her intentions to cover her feelings towards Chicago, the team and her sisters were unsuccessful.

Bren's struggles felt utterly real but his focus was admirable. Bren won me over quickly and Bren with Violet made my kindle tremble!

There are a couple of hockey romance series that stand out to me and this is one of them. The characters are all different within the 4 books (there's a novella - m/m). If you're looking for sports romance with strength, this is for you.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...