Monday 11 June 2018

Jock Row by Sara Ney


REVIEWED BY 
Melinda Lazar 


Jock Row (Jock Hard Book 1)Jock Row by Sara Ney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jock Row

Jock Row by Sara Ney

It’s been a few hours since I finished this book and yes, I still have a smile on my dial. This book is quite possibly the best I’ve read from this author. Her Douchebag series is one of my favorites and I really doubted anything could get to that level for me. Well, guess what? Jock Row is way up there with its cuteness and sexiness and just being damned delightful.

Rowdy and Scarlett meet when he’s asked, by one of his teammates, to kick her out of a party as she was interfering with his chances of getting lucky. Rowdy and Scarlett spent the night outside chatting, playing games, and trading barbs while waiting for Scarlett’s friends to be done with the party. One would assume that’s the last time Scarlett would ever return to this house but noooooo, she’s got cheeky side to her and returns Friday after Friday fully aware that she won’t be allowed entry to the party.

Watching this story unfold and witnessing their slow fall was everythingggggg! I loved the buildup of a friendship. I loved the banter. I loved Rowdy’s dirty mouth. I just loved it all. Zeke will forever be my favorite of Ney’s boys but Rowdy is right there next to him. He was sweet and protective, gives Scarlett a hard time but happily takes it when she dishes. His appetite is legendary and did I mention his dirty mouth?? Scarlett has a mouth on her that I loved! Not afraid to call people out on their bs, she’s witty AF, and in no way intimidated by Rowdy’s status.

I was expecting more of the douchebag hero type that Ney is well-known for and would have welcomed that happily. What I got instead was another side to her writing style that I absolutely fell in love with. I’m really hoping the rest of this series continues in this vein. I just loved this.

*Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3J7ZX6G1BFN6F/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...