Friday 22 June 2018

The Varlet and the Voyeur by L.H. Cosway


REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard


The Varlet and the Voyeur (Rugby, #4)The Varlet and the Voyeur by L.H. Cosway
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

I launched into this book and launched out the other side a warm, amused and content bunny. I’ve loved some of this series and only liked some of the others but THE VARLET AND THE VOYEUR was clear love for me. I will say there felt to be a bit less sports context in this one, which is a little sad.

My love starts and ends with Will, the guarded, strong, silent and misunderstood Flanker of the rugby team. He’s amid a nasty sex scandal that is mostly fabricated, when actually he just likes watching...watching only, because of reasons. Will was intruiging and he just captured my interest so easily. Where Josey was a chatterbox, inappropriate and sometimes ridiculous, Will was reserved, introverted and wary. I loved the development of his character and this friendship.

Josey seemed initially to be a bit of a ‘princess’ but my judgement was soon knocked on the head as I got to know her. It wasn’t instant like for me with Josey, she was a ‘grower’ and that growth came from seeing the friendship develop between these roommates. Some of the awkward dialogue between these two made me snort-laugh and I felt generally amused for much of this read. Josey did still irritate me just occasionally, but on the whole, Will was the making of Josey. He balanced her.

I pretty much adored all the chemistry goings-on between this couple. It was funny, it was serious, it was page-turning. I have lots of highlighted quotes but they all seem to have the word vagina in them!

So, V&V joins book one as my favourites of this series. Reid and Cosway do work together and pull off seamless writing of a couple so well.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.


View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...