Monday 11 June 2018

Part Time Lover by Lauren Blakely

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 


Part-Time LoverPart-Time Lover by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Part-Time Lover by Lauren Blakely

We met both Christian and Elise in Wanderlust - the story of Joy and Griffin (totally not necessary to have read that, although it is packed to the rim with romance!) and I knew their story would be a delightful one - particularly given the circumstances of their initial meeting: naked handstands anyone?! And I was absolutely not disappointed in any way, shape or form. This book and these characters fixed a permanent smile on my face with their cheeky banter and I loved every word.

Following the meeting in Denmark that never was, Christian and Elise meet again in Paris when Griffin and Joy plan a night out with their friends. Obviously the attraction is still there but having been badly burned in her previous relationship, Elise just wants to keep things casual and for playboy Christian that is no problem whatsoever so they agree to have a Friday-night affair.

Circumstances eventuate and Elise agrees to marry Christian for three months in order to help him and his brother with their business. This, in turn, affords Elise access to Christian’s expert analytical skills that she hopes will help land her firm an important marketing account.

I love ALL of Blakely’s characters! The men, the women, the men... but I don’t always say that a certain character is my new fave because really, it’s like picking your favorite child! However, I’m quietly confident that Christian is my newest favorite. He’s so cheeky and lovable and kept a permanent smile on my dial with his dirty mouth - and I don’t just mean that in a sexual way. Elise was an amazing woman! She had her own marketing firm, she knew what she wanted and importantly, what she didn’t want. She could banter with the best of them and she had the hugest heart. I love that she embraced Erik as much as she did Christian, even going into protective mode for him. As always, love the family connections. This is a superb, feel-good novel from the brilliance that is Lauren Blakely.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3NKFR2YODAJZP/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1HLABP7FEE8P6/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...