Monday 11 June 2018

Get You Some by Lani Lynn Vale

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



Get You Some (Simple Man, #3)Get You Some by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Get You Some by Lani Lynn Vale

Get You Some is the third book in the Simple Man series and it’s the first I’ve read - so you can rest assured that it’s a standalone. Having said that, I wouldn’t mind going back to read the others just to know their stories for the sake of my own nosiness.

Johnny moves to small town Hostel to escape his parents’ well-meaning clutches and gets a job as a police officer. On a routine stop, he meets June who is notorious (through no fault of her own) in Hostel and while it wasn’t the ideal scenario for a meet-cute, they ended up a great couple.

I did enjoy this book though the pacing was a little slow. The characters were both likable and Johnny was very conscientious of June’s concerns which I found to be sweet rather than overbearing. I felt sorry for June considering her family life and that she’s essentially a social pariah thanks to the choices her parents made in the past. I liked watching her grow in confidence and learn to let others in. My favorite parts of this book were the Facebook posts made by Johnny at the start of each chapter and yes, I totally highlighted a few!

I’m looking forward to reading more from this author in the future and will likely go back to the start of this series.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2WY5NI82O5691/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...