Monday 11 June 2018

The One You Can't Forget by Roni Loren

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard





The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)The One You Can't Forget by Roni Loren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5-4 stars

I’ve been looking forward to the next book in the Long Acre crew and this was an enjoyable, if somewhat lighter offering from the interconnected characters in this series.

Rebecca is still guilt-ridden over Long Acre and she’s lived a quiet, yet ambitious life pursuing law. She remains intermittently traumatised by her experiences and meets Wes through a situation that is traumatic and triggering. Wes was from the opposite side of the tracks to Bec and her non-issue with this was a bonus to the read. I really enjoyed Wes’ background more than Bec’s. In fact, in general, he was a more interesting character. Bec fluctuated between a weak and strong personality, which could be understood under the circumstances.

The chemistry between these two was well written, with a tangible feel. Wes and Bec just worked, despite everything. The kids, the bus and Knight were lovely extras to the story and I could definitely handled more Knight in the book.

I felt there was a lot less involvement of the Long Acre friends in this book and to be honest, I missed that, having expected them to be more prominent. There was also a less intense feel to this story, but not every story is going to be the same in terms of the level of emotions.

I remain invested in this series and I’ll be anticipating the next when it comes.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...