Friday 22 June 2018

The Secret Thief by Nina Lane

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



The Secret ThiefThe Secret Thief by Nina Lane
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Secret Thief by Nina Lane

Eve is a art historian and professor who has - through no fault of her own - had her career and life completely upended and subsequently isn’t welcome in any museum or college. In fact, she’s barely welcome anywhere. She escapes the talk and heads to her late uncles home in coastal Maine hoping to find employment there. She struggles in the same vein even here until the town recluse and lighthouse keeper gives her a job cataloguing and organizing a very special collection. Flynn is strange, quiet, secretive. By his own definition, he’s also dangerous and warns Eve away. These two both have plenty of secrets between them and are inevitably drawn to each other.

It’s hard to review this book. I’m feeling lukewarm about the story, the characters, everything. It was all just ok. I’m not sure what was missing but I feel like I just couldn’t connect well enough with the characters. I couldn’t believe their connection to each other and the book was a little bit of a struggle overall. Having said that, while the story didn’t hit the spot for me, the writing was great and I’d likely read this author down the track but again, The Secret Thief was just ok.

*I voluntarily read a copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RE09N5KCW0K5C/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...