Monday 11 June 2018

Mogul by Katy Evans


REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar


MogulMogul by Katy Evans
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Mogul by Katy Evans
2.5-3*

It’s hard to write a review for a book you expected to love, written by an author who can do little to no wrong in your eyes.

While I have to say I enjoyed Mogul, it was only to a certain degree. I think Evans writes the most delicious of alpha-men and Ian kind of lives up to that. She also writes strong, capable female characters and Sara kind of delivers on that. On paper, the characters were fine but something important was missing for me and I know what it was. I felt that there was so much focus on the sex throughout this book that there wasn’t enough character or relationship development. It was seriously lacking in that regard. I don’t think the characters spent any time really getting to know each other so their romance for me wasn’t really a romance but more of a casual sexual relationship at best. I know this opinion will be in the vast minority but it is mine.

Evans’ writing is, as always, impeccable but I just wish there’d been more of a romance between the pages and relationship development.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R2YLY64GC4Y23K/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...