Friday 22 June 2018

Tattered by Devney Perry

REVIEWED BY
Jess



Tattered (Lark Cove, #1)Tattered by Devney Perry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thank goodness for the extra scary story line in TATTERED, by Devney Perry because the first bit of the book was a little slow for me. I had my fingers crossed that a hook, line and sinker side story was going to pop my eyes wide open, and I was going to get the book I was hoping for!

Perhaps it’s me, or the genre of books I’m reading as of late, but I’m having a hard time reconciling the second chance at love theme and the hopefulness I have at some originality within the genre. It’s really hard to write something that’s so saturated in the contemporary romance scene and have it keep you on your toes, but Perry was able to suck me in from the middle of the book straight until the end- thankfully!

I just knew there had to be something up Perry’s sleeve!

There was.

Devney surprised me with her ability to really take your run of the mill book and spice it up quite a bit. Not only was the chemistry between Thea and Logan, spicy, but the creepy factor kept me coming back for more. The last 50% had me attached to my kindle like glue and I couldn’t put his book down.

Perry’s witting style really ebs and flows. It’s really quite poetic at times. I often find myself daydreaming when she writes a particularly intense scene and I just envision it playing out before me. I absolutely love that about her as an author.

There is always room on my kindle for a Devney Perry book and I look forward to the next instalment of this series!

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed by Jess for JoAndIsaLoveBooks Blog



View all my reviews


Amazon.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...