Friday 22 June 2018

Almost Impossible by Nicole Williams

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard



Almost ImpossibleAlmost Impossible by Nicole Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed every page of this book and I just wish it had been a little longer and perhaps a little deeper at times. Nicole Williams has always had solid YA roots and this contemporary tale with an unusual approach to a trope was pretty fantastic.

Jade had a background that I really enjoyed reading about. Her entrance to California for some much-needed roots in her life was refreshing, her home with her aunt, uncle and cousins left me wanting more details especially the aunt/uncle relationship. However, the focus of this story was Jade and the boy across the road, Quentin. They met in a rather fractious manner, with dirty looks and a little seething.

“I wasn’t sure I felt that was his way of making peace or declaring war, but I knew that either way, this boy would be a battle every step of the way.”

These two together were delightful reading, their connection, dialogue and real life playing out was easy to sink into. Quentin was happy to be the one to show Jade what teenage life should really be...fun, a beach party, sneaking out here or there and being care-free. In actual fact, Quentin was not at all what he seemed.

I got a sense of where the story was going late on and I’m really impressed with where Nicole Williams took the story, blowing preconceptions out of the water.

I know there is one more to come of these YA contemporaries and I can only say that I am looking forward to it after book two.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...