Monday 11 June 2018

Mogul by Katy Evans


REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



MogulMogul by Katy Evans
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is an incredibly difficult review for me to write because I want to remain respectful to an author I admire hugely and I also need to be true to an honest review, because that’s who I am as a reviewer.

I simply disliked most things about this book. I found the heroine, Sara both annoying and insipid. Her admiration of Ian was pretty annoying. Her dialogue, particularly her nicknames for Ian, her own private parts and calling herself a ‘horny slut’ just pushed me over the edge. I didn’t gel with Sara at all.

Ian was fine, but he didn’t light a fire in me like so many of Katy Evans’ heroes have in the past. So as you can probably guess, these two together didn’t inspire me either.

The writing in general, again particularly dialogue, wasn’t to my taste. I think I can say MOGUL just wasn’t for me and fell flat in terms of interest and likeability. I know this is a short review, but my general disinterest means I really don’t have anything else to say. I will of course give Katy Evans another try because we have history and so I hope that the next works better for me.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...