Saturday 30 June 2018

The Problem With Him by Rachel Higginson

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



The Problem With Him (Opposites Attract, #3)The Problem With Him by Rachel Higginson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

I blew through this book in just over 24 hours because I couldn't put it down, if I'd been on holiday, I'd have managed it in one sitting. I have loved the OPPOSITES ATTRACT series so much and book three did not let me down. In fact, Wyatt and Kaya gave me serious Vera and Killan vibes but in a different way, so I was in a total happy place.

What was interesting about Wyatt, now Executive Chef of Lilou and his sous chef Kaya, was that they'd been fierce friends for five years but with Killan leaving and Wyatt taking over as EC, they became friends who only really fight (less of the friends). So this was a friends-to-lovers and frienemies story line that worked so well.

Kaya was the kind of feisty heroine I could totally get behind. She was driven and she was focused and yet there were occasional vulnerabilities that spoke of realness. Wyatt was a lot of these things too but he was 'yell-y' as described by Kaya and all of his staff.

"He dipped his head and looked at me from beneath lush lashes. My uterus jumped up and down in my body like it was trapped in a CrossFit session against its will."

The hot, delicious tension between these two was palpable and I observed with my mouth kind of open. The banter, the sniping, the veiled flirtation was everything. It was a slow-burn which is my favourite kind of burn and the end result was everything I wanted.

I need to speak about the cover, which isn't my favourite but covers aren't usually make or break for me. However, it did put me off a little as the previous two covers rock my world. What I am saying here is, don't let this cover put you off if you don't like it, because the words inside are addictive fabulousness.

This series is shaping up to be one of my absolute favourite contemporaries and I'm excited that there will be one more.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...