Friday 2 October 2015

Dreams Of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Drums Of AutumnDrums Of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

feel a great sense of achievement at the end of this book as I left it at 25% for a month before picking it back up. For me, changing from audio to ebook was the key and as soon as I picked it back up I was completely absorbed and loved every moment. Having listened to the previous two books on audio, I'm not sure what my problem was, I had just lost the thread of the story which was no reflection on the talented Davinia Porter.

I entered this book with some trepidation as one of the key aspects to the book so far which I enjoyed was the Scottish setting. However, I found that the Scots feel continued wherever the Frasers are and I actually enjoyed the setting of the Americas. This book has a more settled feel to the previous three books but there is still that strong sense of adventure. Jamie and Clare finally get to experience some time together, they remain passionate, equally stubborn and thoroughly interesting.

"You are my courage, as I am your conscience," he whispered. "You are my heart - and I your compassion. We are neither of us whole, alone. Do ye not know that, Sassenach?"

It was a pleasant surprise to find myself laughing many times in this book because getting to read the banter between Jamie and Claire was often a witty expeirience. The side characters became front running characters and I came to know Breeana, Roger, Ian and Lord John much better, I was not always anticipating their importance in the story but I have warmed and enjoyed each of them. The length and depth of these stories leaves you with the sense that you know them like a member of your family. I am totally invested in this series, the characters and in continuing admiration of Diana Gabaldon's talent.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R31B94MZ6U73K9/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...