Saturday 24 October 2015

My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

My Best Friend's GirlMy Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've just re-read this, having originally read it nearly 10 years ago. I had forgotten much of the detail but I can say this book was like a magnet, I couldn't look away. It is a bittersweet tale of love, grief and relationships. There are a number of sections in this book that pack such an emotional punch, that it takes your breath away and floods your eyes. Koomson has a very inviting writing style; I felt drawn in close to the characters.

Adele is gravely ill and needs to ensure her daughter Tegan has guardianship. She hasn't spoken to her best friend Kamryn for two years. She has a big request to ask.

The blurb is clear that tough reading is ahead but there are many unexpected twists and turns. This is the kind of read that sticks with you but I don't choose to read them all the time. Just utterly memorable.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R386D5Q65WWSRC/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...