Monday 12 October 2015

Life and Death:Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Life and Death: Twilight ReimaginedLife and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know this is a controversial read for many, but as a fan of the original series, I was just glad that Stephenie Meyer had written something else and I entered into this with an open mind. I was intrigued at the idea of a gender reversal in the characters and it wasn't disastrous as some have suggested. My verdict is that I LIKED this book, yes the story is familiar but it is also different. Just when you think you know what's coming, the path becomes unexpected, the dialogue is different and the relationship dynamics are totally different. This kept it feeling fresh. My greatest fear was that Beau, as the weaker human would come across as a total sap but he didn't. Eydyth, whilst she was clearly a dominant personality, she wanted to be wrapped in Beau's arms and feel cared for. I liked these two.

"But no-one has ever accused me of hypnotism by dimples before."

I liked the dynamic of the relationship between Beau and Charlie; a father and his son, it was something quite different. I did however, find it hard to keep track of the names of the Cullens and contrast this to who they would have been in the original telling of the story. This did frustrate me at times. The best thing about this book.....the almighty twist.

Please give this book a go with an open mind, set aside your desire for Midnight Sun and Host #2 (yes, I would like to read those too) and take a walk with Beau and Eydyth, they say some beautiful things!

"If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it."

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RA19ILVFDXUMD/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...