Tuesday 2 October 2018

Bishop by Sawyer Bennett


REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



Bishop (Arizona Vengeance, #1)Bishop by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Bishop by Sawyer Bennett
3.5*

Bishop is the first book in Bennett’s new Arizona Vengeance series. I was extremely excited about a new series of hockey players as I’d given up on the Cold Fury series after they got repetitive and formulaic. I thought I was in for more of the same when I started reading Bishop but it did get better.

Bishop is a member of the expansion team and on the night before the first day, hits the town and meets the lucky Brooke who is also down for an unforgettable one night stand. The go their separate ways the next day until they meet again in the Vengeance offices, with the coach barging in and witnessing Bishop’s hand on his daughters ass. Brooke thinks the best course of action is to lie to her dad and confesses that she and Bishop are engaged - in order to protect Bishop from her fathers wrath on and off the ice.

This book was..... ok for me. I liked the characters well enough though in all honesty, I liked the side characters more than the H and h, except for Nanette who is in a special league of her own. My problem is that I almost feel like Bennett’s books are becoming a little predictable but I can’t stop myself from wanting to read them. She writes great sports romances (Off series, anyone?!) but the Cold Fury left a bad taste and I’m not sure where I stand with this one. I did like it, but it was just ok. Not fantastic or great. I am definitely looking forward to the books for the other characters we met here, particularly Tacker.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


Link to Amazon Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...