Tuesday 2 October 2018

Unbreak My Heart by Lauren Blakely

REVIEWED BY 
Melinda Lazar 



Unbreak My HeartUnbreak My Heart by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Unbreak My Heart by Lauren Blakely.

Well. I just turned the last page and I’m typing this up while wiping an embarrassing amount of tears from my eyes. Unbreak My Heart is the kind of book I would normally avoid at all costs as it contains subject matter I simply do not read. As a result, I read most of it with a huge lump in my throat and tears streaming in abundance. However, as difficult as it was, I have to admit that it was well worth every single tear and sob.

There’s certainly a romance aspect to this book given that Andrew and Holland have a history together: they were supposed to be a summer fling a few years ago but instead fell in love then separated by choice and circumstance. Having said that, I feel that the romance came second to Andrew healing and finding answers to so many questions. I realize this is vague but I don’t want to spoil this journey for someone else. And it really is a journey, both for us as well as Andrew - a heartbreaking, heartwarming journey that is penned beautifully. I was so deeply invested in these characters, that Andrew would get his answers and find his way and while I had so much love and compassion for him, I can’t even express how much respect and love I have for Holland. This book broke my heart and then stitched it up in a way I won’t forget.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...