Tuesday 30 October 2018

Fall by Kristen Callihan



REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



Fall (VIP, #3)Fall by Kristen Callihan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was pretty much obsessed with this book from the first few pages and honestly, my enthusiasm didn’t once waiver till the last page. Kristen Callihan already ‘had me’ with this series but now she ‘really has me’.

John ‘Jax’ Blackwood, well I remember him from book one and it wasn’t a good remembered...but that was through the anger of Killan’s eyes. Two years on, John is existing in a world of numb until a chance grocery encounter with Stella. John, the lead singer, the dual talent of Kill John.

“Tonight, I’m buying groceries before the storm hits. I like the normality of it. All that is shattered now as I stand, gaping in the direction my kissing bandit has fled.”

You seriously need to read this to find out all about the kissing bandit. Stella and John are all serendipitous encounters in such a believable way. I literally hung onto the pages hoping for one of these lost causes to give one another the chance of friendship.

There’s friendship and then there’s slow, slow burn of chemistry, so slow, so burning. There’s a realistic, no-pedestal banter between these two. Their fun mouths and their dirty mouths are rather entertaining.

“Be with me. Let’s fall together, Button.”

This whole tale is told with a backdrop of ongoing mental illness, the kind that invades and retreats, the kind that one experiencing it, has to live with. This own-voices depiction was tangible and relevant. I identified this journey as similar to a family member and I appreciated every word that Kristen Callihan wrote regarding this. Not once did the characters depict ‘and then everything was okay’. Bravo, KC, bravo.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...