Saturday 20 October 2018

Once Upon a Sure Thing by Lauren Blakely


REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 


Once Upon a Sure Thing (Heartbreakers, #2)Once Upon a Sure Thing by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Once Upon a Sure Thing by Lauren Blakely

I simply can’t handle the RomComs Blakely delivers! Every single time I think ok, this is my new favorite book slash character slash trope. She hits it on the nail each and every time and I can’t get enough of them!

This is the second book in the Heartbreakers series and is all about middle brother, Miller and his best friend Ally. Miller needs a new singing partner and Ally needs a source of extra income now that her singing partner is moving away. The solution seems obvious, no? Alas, it’s not as obvious as we seem to think and that’s for a few reasons: Ally’s voice is suited to the sweet young girl vocal narrations she does and not the tones and tunes Miller belts out. Also, Miller has had a series of bad endings with previous partners and doesn’t want to ruin his friendship with Ally by becoming partners. Once Miller sees Ally in a new light, the sexual chemistry they’ve tamped down over the last six years rears its head and all bets are off.

I just love a friends to lovers romance and Lauren Blakely’s ones are my favorites. Why? I hear you ask. Well, it’s simple really: she always fills her books with delicious banter, a great storyline, characters you love and root for, and gives me a HEA that leaves me smiling for hours after the last page is turned. Once Upon a Sure Thing ticks every single one of those boxes for me and I’m so looking forward to getting to know the last Hart brother in Once Upon a Wild Fling.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

BOOKBUB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...