Tuesday 30 October 2018

Fall by Kristen Callihan



REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar



Fall (VIP, #3)Fall by Kristen Callihan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fall by Kristen Callihan

I really don’t think my review will do this book any justice so I’ll keep it brief. Fall is Jax/John’s story who is the lead singer of Kill John and if you’ve read the previous books, you’ll recall that he battles with depression and has also attempted suicide. He meets Stella at the grocery store and they fight for the last mint ice-cream only for Stella to get the better of him by stealing both a kiss and the ice-cream. They each have the other at the back of their minds until they come face to face and discover they’re now neighbors.

This was a really beautiful and both heartbreaking and heartwarming story. I fell in love with both Stella and John and while I read much of their story with a smile, there was an equal amount of tears also at the ready. As a reader, I tend to avoid hype but still build up my own personal excitement over an upcoming release and it’s so sad when the book doesn’t live up to what you hope for and expect. I’m not sure how Callihan does it, but the VIP series is such a huge hit for me, with each book exceeding the expectations set by its predecessor. Knowing that the author has put so much of herself and her own experiences in the book give it a different spin and the final product of Fall was perfection. The characters and their story were so raw and honest that my heart broke and healed right along theirs. It was a perfect execution and I take my hat off to the author.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews



https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RFG6NRAXCU8PV/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/356494099

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...