Friday 19 October 2018

The Wrong Game by Kandi Steiner


REVIEWED BY 
Monique Cashmere 




The Wrong GameThe Wrong Game by Kandi Steiner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5🌟s

When I read the synopsis of this book, I wanted in. It just sounded right up my alley. I love sports romances and I do enjoy some angst before the couple reach their HEA. But here’s the thing, it didn’t live up to my expectations from the synopsis to the end product.

The story line in itself was great. I loved the idea of a woman having some fun with a spare football season ticket and inviting a new guy to each home game. What they do after the game is up to her, and more power to her. And that she gets stumped from the first week is funny and sweet. From here it lost me from time to time. I’m a list girl, I make them and tick the items off regularly. I get it. Am I OCD? No, and neither is Gemma, we are both slightly neurotic and pedantic, but we don’t have a medical condition. In saying that, there were times I wanted to kick her butt over the lists and plans but I also wanted to hug her and let her know she’ll get through it. There are a couple of other little things that Gemma did that had me rolling my eyes, but all in all I liked her. I felt for her and I wanted her to be happy. As for Zach, for the most part, I adored him. He was super sweet and a true romantic which is high on my favorite things. It doesn’t have to be all about the grand gestures, which he pulls off, but also the moments spent together and what he says and does for her in private that are just as important. I found it hard to accept his passion for football to the level he was suppose to have. I feel if it was so high, he would have kept it in his life to a degree regardless of circumstances. What I did assimilate to was the connection between the two. They had their ups and downs like every single couple and it felt more absolute and solid once they finally got there.

Let’s clarify a few other things. This is a contemporary romance novel told in dual POV. It is also a Kandi Steiner tale, so it is packed with angst and swooning moments. You have to know that going in because if that’s not your thing, then you will probably hate it. I have seen it classified as a sports romance but I wouldn’t say that. I have also seen it as being an enemies to lovers book, again I didn’t see it that way but I do think it’s a second chance romance. If these are things on your list to read, grab this one.


*Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...