Tuesday 16 October 2018

Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 


Love and Other WordsLove and Other Words by Christina Lauren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I feel the need to just draw breath because I’ve powered through this book in 24 hours (thank you, weekend). The story compelled me to not let go until I was done and I was helpless to disobey. Such is the power of this story and these characters.

It’s been a while since I’ve fallen in love with a lead character so fully as I did with Elliot. Macy was definitely likeable and I grew to love her but Elliot reeled me in with his congruence very quickly. Macy and her dad were grieving when they bought their weekend bolt hole which was next door to a bustling family house. Elliot became Macy’s honest best friend, her confidante, her everything. Through then and now, we saw them grow together and that they’d had an eleven year gap between meeting again in their late 20s.

“It’s a perfect description. I never got to fall out of love. I just had to move on.”

I felt so many emotions reading their story, I felt like a family witness. It hurt me, I hoped, I wished and I cried. I didn’t know where the story was going to go but I can only say that I felt a great impending heartbreak on the horizon. This sense of what was to come, had me racing to read more, to find out.

These characters wormed their way into my heart and I feel a little reluctant to let them go. I utterly enjoyed this book, despite the emotions, because of the emotions. I hope for more of this genre from Christina Lauren and I will need a hard copy of this on my shelf.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


AMAZON LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...