Monday 1 October 2018

The Governess Game by Tessa Dare

REVIEWED BY 
Micky Barnard 



The Governess GameThe Governess Game by Tessa Dare
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

This is a delightfully fun story, extremely light-hearted but perhaps missing a bit of seriousness and depth for me. I adored The Duchess Deal and THE GOVERNESS GAME connects well with some of the characters from that story, providing connection but also allowing it to be read as a standalone.

Alexandra (Alex) is a very unassuming heroine, I liked her but I didn’t love her. She finds herself governess for Chase’s (heir apparent to a Dukedom) two female wards. Chase reminded me a little of Percy from A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue, he was a bit of a self-proclaimed fool, a player and without a serious bone in his body. I struggled to connect with Chase and whilst I saw Alex’s connection to him, I was never sure he deserved it. I found myself a bit removed from their relationship and whilst the heat was wonderfully written, the emotions between them left me a bit disconnected.

The storyline was engaging and easy to read, I found myself drawn in and enjoying the lightness. The girls Alex was teaching and their doll in particular made me laugh and snort; the governess element was a real strength in this book.

Overall, this is a series I am fully invested in, I like the concept, I like the potential characters for the next book and I love Tessa Dare’s writing. So, whilst this wasn’t a total hit for me, it was a nice addition and I’m here waiting for book three.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

Link to Amazon Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...