Wednesday 28 February 2018

Baby Maker by P.Dangelico

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



Baby MakerBaby Maker by P. Dangelico
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

I’m a huge fan of some of P Dangelico’s previous books, namely Wrecking Ball and so any book by her piques my interest. I’ve always liked convenience relationships that evolve into more, so as the title suggests, there’s a baby to be made.

“You realise we have an appointment with the doctor, right?
“Yes, ma’am. We’re making baby soup today.”


The heroine, Stella is on a mission. Finding the baby daddy is hard work. Dane the chosen one, is not hard to look at, however.

“There’s so much razzle dazzle there to take in, my mind locks onto one area. His abdominal muscles.”

Dane was incorrigible in a totally endearing way. He was frank, in a two big feet first kind of way that was hilarious and cringey. Dane and Stella couldn’t be more different but there was definitely chemistry there and over time, Dane really won me over with his heart.

BABY MAKER has so much in the way of excellent dialogue and funny lines that I highlighted a lot, so why isn’t my rating higher? Well, it took me at least till 25% to really get into the story and I had difficulty liking the heroine. I found her somewhat severe and so rigid that she was prickly to get to know and this was in contrast to the completed openness of Dane. I didn’t ever quite get swept away by the book as a whole but the writing was so good. Although I’m not sure this is pitched as a rom-com, to me, it was all that and will appeal to fans of this sub-genre.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...