Tuesday 27 February 2018

Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely Narrated by Grace Grant and Richard Armitage

REVIEWED BY 
Micky Barnard



WanderlustWanderlust by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This audio thrilled me from the first whisper of the narrators, to the end of the epilogue. I am going to have to start with the narration because I am simply bursting with praise for it. Having Richard Armitage narrate was a coup, he acted Griffin so perfectly with banter and emotions. The chemistry he brought to the character was just superb. It so happens that Grace Grant is my favourite female narrator so this coupling was perfection to me. Absolute 5 stars for narration and how this dual POV worked together.

WANDERLUST is a great story, less romantic comedy than some of Lauren Blakely’s other audios and that made it all the more special in my eyes, because it felt different. Joy is a fragrance chemist new to Paris and a translator, Griffin is hired to do just that, translate. They meet serendipitously before becoming colleagues and their chemistry goes bang. The story is totally engaging with depth of direction and character. The gradual move friendship and beyond was believable with nothing instantaneous about it.

This is easily my favourite Lauren Blakely book and audio. This is the kind of audio I will re-listen to and with this kind of narration I would encourage picking up the audiobook as first choice in terms of format. I recommend this to each and every one of my romance loving book friends.

I voluntarily listened to an early copy of this audiobook.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...