Wednesday 28 February 2018

Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen



REVIEWED BY 
Melinda Lazar 


Brooklynaire (Brooklyn Bruisers, #4)Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen

Oh my GOD.

You know how you occasionally read a series and there’s a particular couple who *need* to get together and the goddamn author takes their sweet time making it happen and YOU READ EVERY SINGLE BOOK in the meantime for just a glimpse of the two characters, fully aware you won’t get their story for a good while?? Well, surprise! That was me with Nate, Becca, and Brooklynaire. I don’t think I have ever been so eager for a couple to get together as I was for these two!

Becca has been working for Nate for seven long years and they’ve built a great friendship. While there’s been a secret attraction at some point on both their parts, they’ve both managed to keep it locked down and professional and no one was any the wiser. Don’t get me wrong, there was none of this longing from afar business. No no, they were both happy and fulfilled with their lives. Things change when Becca is injured and Nate takes it upon himself to look after her and ensure she’s getting the help she needs, insisting that she move in with him to get some proper rest. I want to make a sleazy remark here, but honestly, Nate was just so adorable and caring that it was a genuine offer on his part!

What did I love about this book? ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! I adored both Becca and Nate so very much. Their romance is built on friendship and trust and palindromes. Nate is everything you could possible want in a hero: he’s smart, savvy, not a nasty bone in his body (but man, his body!!), has a huge bank account and an even huger heart. And let’s not forget his adorable awkwardness! And Becca was just awesome as well: she had a few hang-ups about being less than in comparison to Nate’s intellect and money, but her gorgeous personality never failed to come through. I love that she wasn’t willing to risk everything she’d worked so hard for, for a little affair and I appreciate that she took the time to think things through.

I love Nate and Becca so so much that I’m going to shamelessly beg for a novella. I *need* more of them! In case my review is vague I’ll reiterate, is my absolute favorite book of the series (possibly fave of Bowen’s) and I am so thankful that it delivered on everything I was hoping for. This entire series is a must read.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B077RVCP6M/R1QDUJ7TWQ8YIF?ref_=glimp_1rv_cl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...