Tuesday 27 February 2018

Secret Lucidity by E.K. Blair

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere



Secret LuciditySecret Lucidity by E.K. Blair
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5*'s

I have so many intense feelings about this book, I am still trying to deal hours later. There are some books that take you not only on an emotional rollercoaster but also a moral one as well. I was torn between the two with this novel due to being a mum and also a lover of a good romance story. I am not sure if it was meant to be portrayed this way, but I was crossing back and forth from wanting them to get their HEA and morally wanting justice.

I have to say, the story line played out so much better than I was anticipating. Their predicament wasn't just swept under the carpet and not dealt with, it had an outcome that was realistic and believable. There was one aspect of the book that I wasn't a fan of, which was how the mother was characterised. I get she was grieving, and believe me, if it was my husband, I would be a total hot mess too - but it was the 180 degree turn around her persona had that felt out of place. Then she skipped back and forth when it suited. It all felt unbalanced to me.

I had so much empathy for Cam, my head was spinning with compassion for this poor girl. I wanted to hug her, at times I wanted to slap her, but mostly I wanted to heal her. She endured so much and to find solace in David made me essentially happy for them. He had issues of his own, that once he found love with Cam, seemed to help him make peace too. This is a forbidden tale of a student/teacher romance that deals with loss and the after effects of that.

*I am grateful for the copy provided by the author for my honest opinion.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...