Tuesday 27 February 2018

Consequence by Rachel Higginson

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



Consequence (The Confidence Game, #2)Consequence by Rachel Higginson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

I’m not normally drawn to mobster-type stories but CONSTANT got under my skin and pulled me in, so I was ready to read the completion in CONSEQUENCE. This is a fast-paced culmination, picking up from the abrupt ending of CONSTANT and diving into the distraught emotions of Sayer and Caroline.

The angst was pretty unrelenting in this story, apart from the rather confusing ability of Caro to distract herself from the chaos and emotion of (view spoiler) All that said, Sayer and Caro had chemistry, it was undeniable but it was an unsettled chemistry with lots of unanswered emotional questions between the pair. I think this was the reason I couldn’t look away from these two even when I didn’t agree with or understand their actions.

Sayer and Juliet just went ahead and melted my heart. Despite who Sayer was, I needed their meeting and their acceptance of one another. I actually wanted more of these two in the book.

Sayer stared at her, his eyes turning glossy with unshed tears.

“You know, I thought I should ask. My dad never asked me if anything was okay. I thought it would be nice to give you the choice.”


I found myself a little less interested in The Bratva intrigue in this book and it was a scary world to be existing in with a family. Bratva was supposed to be family and even in the face of both Sayer and Caroline having awful families, Bratva was not any kind of substitute.

The ending was a little rushed but I enjoyed the duology as a whole, with CONSTANT really standing out as my favourite.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...