Monday 19 February 2018

Baby Maker by P. Dangelico

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



Baby MakerBaby Maker by P. Dangelico
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Baby Maker by P. Dangelico

While I was soooo eager for this book, I was also a tad apprehensive because I really enjoyed the previous books I’ve read by the author and I was worried that Baby Maker wouldn’t hit the spot for me. Also, I’ve read a few baby-making mission type books of late and wasn’t sure I’d be in the mood for another. Buttttt rest assured, my mood peaked and my spot was hit - thank you, Dangelico - as this was a different take on previous books I’ve read along this trope and was total perfection.

Family circumstances give Stella a nudge into parenthood. She just wants the baby, not a husband. In fact, not a man in any way, shape or form, just his super muscley sperm. A friend of a friend is pretty much looking for the same thing: a baby without the attachments. Sounds ideal, doesn’t it?! Well no. It was *far* from ideal!

From the moment they met - even before! - Dane and Stella were like chalk and cheese. Dane was like a playful puppy who couldn’t take a damn thing seriously and Stella was so uptight and straight-laced, I worried for her spine. But while Stella could have loosened up, Dane did indeed have a serious side that he showed when appropriate and to those worthy of knowing the real him. Frankly, I spent half my time wanting to smack him, and the other half drooling and falling in love. Being a newly retired NFL tight-end, he’s used to women falling and panties dropping but he sooooo doesn’t get that with Stella! Stella became a highly successful financial advisor due in large part the pressures she witnessed her mother experiencing when her father failed to come through for them. This is also the reason she has no interest in having a man in her life. Dane and Stella sign a contract that stipulates the terms of their parental agreement and that’s where the fun and games begin!

I just loved these characters. I loved Dane’s cheeky, playful nature which emphasized his serious side when he chose to show it. I loved Stella’s matter-of-fact personality and while she too made my hand itch, I totally understood how she came to be that way. Dane and Stella beautifully complemented each other and balanced each other out perfectly. I love the direction Dangelico took with this story. I love that Stella didn’t get pregnant the traditional way. I love that Dangelico let them start to fall before taking their relationship to the next level. I love the humor interspersed throughout. I love the little glimpses we got from characters in previous books. I think I just loved the whole thing! I’m intrigued by some of the characters we met in Baby Maker and I’m hoping they’ll get their own stories down the track.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R12ATOVLLW3AX5/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...