Friday 16 February 2018

The Smallest Part by Amy Harmon

REVIEWED BY
Tina Shobe 



The Smallest PartThe Smallest Part by Amy Harmon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mercedes (Mer), Noah and Cora have been friends since childhood. I love how this book was written. We're in the present and then re-visit the past and back and forth until the past meets the present. We get to travel along with them through all the twists and turns that their lives take. I think with the story written this way we get more of an insight of how they came to become the adults that they are.

Mer always puts everyone else's wants/needs before herself. She's even put her dreams on the back burner so she can protect those she loves.

Noah went into the military serving our country. During that time period through correspondence he fell in love with Cora. He is now a doctor and has a beautiful little girl, Gia.

I really struggled with Cora's character. Sometimes she comes across as self centered. Not really seeing or caring how her actions affect others. Through out their lives it seems like she has to go after everything that Mer wants. Then I got thinking about her childhood and the tragedy she has faced and realized she's broken. She doesn't know how to be happy as herself as she doesn't know who she is. I couldn't help but feel sad for her.

These characters are very well developed. When they faced challenges, tragedy, loss in their lives my emotions when along with them. Many times I had tears streaming down my face.

I was actually a little jealous of the deep friendship that Noah and Mer have.
Childhood friendship that is developing into something deeper and more meaningful. They always seem to connect on such a deeper level, soulmates.

The wonderful secondary characters I felt added an extra layer of depth to the story.

In the famous words of Abuela "In the end, only three things matter “Who He is. (meaning God)” “Who you are, and who your friends are.” I'm applying this to my own life.



View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...