Tuesday 20 February 2018

Eulogy by Rachel Van Dyken

REVIEWED BY 
Melinda Lazar 


Eulogy (Eagle Elite, #9)Eulogy by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Eulogy by Rachel Van Dyken

You know how sometimes you love an author and their books and you really can’t wait for their next book to release? But then when you’ve got your hands on it, you’re too scared to read it because you think what fresh level of hell is she going to bring to me? Yeah, that’s me with Van Dyken and Eagle Elite. I absolutely adore the series and I think that Eagle Elite are actually Van Dyken’s best works and Eulogy is a welcome addition to it but I was still scared to read it!

Based on the title of this book and based on my feelings at the end of Enrage, I can’t even tell you how much I was dreading reading Eulogy. A part of me wanted to just be done with the series at the end of Enrage, but then I remembered four words: Blood In. No Out.

I’ve always liked Chase and this journey of his was a difficult one to read. He’s been through so much thanks to bloody Mil and the agony hasn’t ended for him. He’s on a mission to end the De Lange line and in the process, end himself. In short, Chase, the poor tortured soul, needs redemption and it comes in the very unlikely form of Luciana, a new lawyer to the family. Luciana is everything Chase could possibly want or need whether he realizes it or not. She’s the complete antithesis of Mil: she’s sweet and innocent, she’s generous, and she holds nothing of herself back. She drove me crazy with her constant tears and apologies but in fairness, I’d probably be apologizing for a lot less if there was a gun in my face. Luc isn’t like the other girls were used to reading about in EE: she can come across as weak and sniveling but her strength comes through in a different way to the others and is no less significant.

I’m not going to say anything else and I’ve tried to keep the review somewhat vague because the book just needs to be read, especially if you’ve been following along with the happenings in The Family. A fantastic addition to the series. I can’t wait to see what’s next in the world of EE.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R2P9MRUM1O7OF3/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...