Monday 5 February 2018

The Beau & the Belle by R.S. Grey

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere


The Beau & the BelleThe Beau & the Belle by R.S. Grey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, that was so good!
I hate it when I say in a review that this is the best book I have read from this author because it changes every time I read the next release! But this is the best book I have read from RS Grey to date.

Lauren starts out being a sweet and innocent teen of 17 years old having a huge crush on Beau. He is 8 years her senior, so he knows nothing can come about between them. Doesn't stop him from not only finding her attractive but a beautiful person on all counts. Except.... she might be a little sensitive and earnest - which comes across as endearing. The bond of the friendship that is forming is strong and only a hurricane can divide them.

Fast forward 10 years and Lauren is back in New Orleans. She is older and wiser but still holds that bewitching quality that captivated Beau all those years ago, and she is still impetuous. Her younger self may have jumped into Beau's arms straight away, but she is not going to waltz into something without a clear head. Which makes for a dreamy and funny slow burn.

This novel is told in dual POV but Beau is not much of a talker. He is an action man, and OMGosh when he does say things to Lauren..... swoon...... he had me transfixed as much as she was. His confession about how long he had feelings for her was delectable. Lauren is hilarious. So many funny lines between her and Beau but my favourite might be the phone messages, or the liquor / lick her line, that cracked me up too. I was engrossed with the whole book and was saddened when it was finished. Especially with no epilogue, I love an epilogue. My only hope is that maybe the bestie, Rose, is getting her own book and we will hear more about Beau and Lauren because they are a couple I just adored.

*I am extremely grateful for the copy provided by the author for my honest opinion.

** Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...