Saturday 27 June 2015

Doctor-Patient Confidentiality: Volume One by Eme Strife

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Doctor-Patient Confidentiality: Volume One (The Confidential Series, #1)Doctor-Patient Confidentiality: Volume One by Eme Strife
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 stars

This is the first installment of a series, a short read at 16,000 words. The blurb immediately raises your eyebrows with the words school, doctor, sex and relationship but I'm not one to close my mind to these things, so I read it. The prologue is sex-filled with some pretty uncomfortable reading when you have the blurb in mind and the sexual language just lacked some finesse.

I liked the main character Roni, a college music major (yes, thank goodness she's college-age!). She was interesting and in some ways an unlikely heroine. What evolved in this installment were lengthy descriptions of some fairly mundane parts of college life but I remained invested for some nugget of the hero and heroine meeting to some extent. I was disappointed because, nothing much happened other than scene setting. This first book has good reviews and for some it has definitely hit the mark. Unfortunately it wasn't for me.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R36IRVW9BKJN4F/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...