Monday 15 June 2015

Alex by Sawyer Bennett

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1)Alex by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the perfect easy read book. I'm a sucker for a sports hero in a book and Sawyer Bennett seems to have a perfect formula to writing a number of different ones. She scored a goal with Alex.

Alex is the icy, disinterested player in the Cold Fury hockey team. His team mates stay away from him and Alex likes it that way. Alex hates the game and just wants to be distracted in life. The Cold Fury management are sick of his attitude and how it is coming across to fans, so he's told to clean up his act. This involves joining forces with a local drugs rehab counsellor and becoming an ambassador for their work. Sutton is the counsellor and she bowls Alex over on sight. He's used to the 'love 'em and leave 'em' approach but Sutton makes him want more than that. Sutton wants to keep their relationship professional. It's a great story, total escapism and I loved it.

This is my second read of the Cold Fury series, so I've read them out of order but they standalone even though there are interconnecting characters. Books 1-3 are out now, with #4 on the way and I highly recommend them.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1RXT46CNJF006/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...