Sunday 21 June 2015

Safe by C. Kennedy

REVIEWED BY Joanne Swinney

SafeSafe by C. Kennedy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

SAFE. A word that holds so much meaning for Nico. Most parents want to protect their children, never letting any harm come to them but unfortunately some parents are cruel beyond belief. I've never understood how someone can cause such harm to a child never mind their own.
Although I felt sadness reading this story, I found myself smiling a lot too. Nico and Caleb are two young boys growing up as best friends, doing all the normal things teenagers do, hanging out, doing homework together, sleepovers.
Nico is older than Caleb by a few months but he's smaller and lives his life in fear. His dad is as mean as they come. Nico has suffered years of violent abuse, his dad likes to drink them beat him up. There are so many words I wish to use right now to describe this monster but not really appropriate for a review.
Caleb is a wonderful boy, looking out for Nico wishing he could help and feeling hurt at what his best friend is going through.
When something happens at school, you know everyone finds out about it. One day is a complete nightmare for Nico and Caleb.
Caleb worries so bad for Nico, he fears for that school day to be over. Both parents of the boys have to collect them from school at the end of the day.
Caleb is lucky to have such wonderful parents, supportive, help guide him. Yes his mom is strict but she loves him and protects him.
Nico doesn't have that lifestyle, his mom can't protect him and he can't protect his mom.
As you can imagine the news of Nico being Gay does not go down well with his father. The man is brutal. I HATE HIM!!
The best thing about this book is reading the love blossom between two best friends, it's heart warming, it's beautiful. Smiling while turning the pages. It's an excellent read, written brilliantly.
Today I am thankful that I decided to read this book. Thank you Cody Kennedy for sharing this wonderful book. To all who read this review I hope where ever you are YOU ARE SAFE.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for the wonderful review, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome, I loved this book. I hope readers that love the M/M Genre download your book 💙

      Delete

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...