Tuesday 7 March 2017

Catch and Release by Laura Drewry

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


Catch and Release (Fishing for Trouble, #3)Catch and Release by Laura Drewry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been invested in this series of brothers who own and run a down-on-it's-luck fishing island, The Buoys, since the beginning. I really enjoyed the final brother's story. Ronan has been broody, prickly and carrying a big chip on his shoulder for so long that he doesn't know any other way to live. I anticipated this Ronan's story.

The Buoys continued to hedge towards success in this book with a second series of Hooked being filmed and here entered Hope, the new producer. Hope was a talented but tentative woman, wary of Ronan and both overwhelmed by his looks and his bad behaviour. Yet, there was tension there. This was a show burn and it was written so well; these two connecting was like a triumph.

I was edging towards a 3.5 star rating and then a twist occurred that I wasn't expecting and I got a grand culmination to the series that I didn't know I needed. It was a super satisfying end.

A copy of this book was provided by the author through netgalley in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...