Saturday 11 March 2017

Silk Queen (Book One) by G.J. Walker Smith

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



Silk Queen (Wishes #7)Silk Queen by G.J. Walker-Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This novella is for the fans and this fan girl is swooning over SILK QUEEN. I have a love affair with Jean-Luc Decarie that started in earnest in Star Promise. I've previously had an affection for Fiona but all that changed as I was taken back to the young adulthood of Fiona.

The era and setting of SILK QUEEN was a blast to read. I laughed so much at Fiona's crew of Gill and Charlene. Her friends were loyal but somewhat stupid and Fiona was surprisingly mousy. The fashions, the relationships, Manchester in the UK made for a wonderful read; I devoured it not once, but twice.

When Jean-Luc enters Fiona's life, I double swooned. This man wasn't unreal, but I could feel Fiona's inner and outer reaction to him.....a French student in London, charming Fiona most naturally without any false pretence. I cannot wait to see where their story goes, I'm in suspense and dying for more.

This was the ultimate fun read, unusual and uplifting. I'm so glad GJ Walker-Smith chose to return to the youth of these two characters, I would never have thought about it otherwise but now I can't imagine not having this.

View all my reviews




START READING TODAY....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...